Sept. 7, 2022
City of Newton
City Council Regular Meeting
6:00 P.M., Tuesday , Sept. 13, 2022
Notice is hereby given that the City of Newton, Texas will convene in regular session at 6:00
p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 13, 2022 at the Newton City Hall Conference Room with the following listed
items being on the agenda.
Call to order and Welcome
Approve Minutes of the Previous Meeting
- Police Department Report
- Fire Department Report
- Municipal Court Report
- Consider and Possible Action on Buy Board quote on ATMAX Equipment Company and authorizing a Letter of intent to purchase.
- Consider and Possible Action on the 2022-2023 Employee Health Insurance proposal from Blue Cross.
- Consider and Possible Action the development of a draft agreement for the Fire Station building and use policy and agreement with Newton Volunteer Fire Department operational policies.
- Consider and Possible Action on a draft agreement with Newton County to staff the EDC Welcome Center and operation of billboard.
- Consider and Possible Action on report of implementation of the Brightly Software Asset management and work order software.
- Consider and Possible Action on proposal to replace Vehicles on Buy Board purchase proposal from Caldwell Chevrolet.
- Consider and Possible Action on Public Works Director’s Report
- Consider and Possible Action on Administrators Report and Financial Report.
Executive Session- The Council may enter into closed or executive session to
discuss the following:
Gov. Code 551.075 Conference with Employee
Gov. Code 551.074 Personnel Matters